Project Idea

From: Chris Bourke <cbourke@cse.unl.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:01:37 -0600 (CST)
To: SemanticWebServicesInterestGroup <public-sws-ig@w3.org>

Hello, this is my first post to this listserv, so forgive me if I break
any protocols.  I'm a graduate student currently taking a course in
Semantic Web technologies.  For our class, we have to do a semester long
group project.  I proposed a project to my instructor that uses Semantic
Web Services technologies to markup open-source (or proprietary source)
programming libraries (APIs) so that agents could be designed for software
projects.  Project designers would give high level descriptions of
objects/functions/etc that would be required and an agent could be sent
out to find appropriate source code that was already designed for the
task, thus streamlining reusability in code.

I was wondering if anyone had any useful input into a project like this;
specifically has anyone in the community already suggested something to
this effect or could you direct me to papers/resources that discuss
something similar?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Bourke
cbourke@cse.unl.edu