Re: profilehierarchy

Hi -

carlo beffa wrote:

> Thanks for your interest.
>
> I undestood that every service profile can be associated with different
> profile hierarchies, but let me consider the following distributed scenario:
>
> Service A associated with profileheirarchyX, and found on server I;
> Service B associated with profilehierarchyY and found on server II;
>
> Through composition a new Service C is created by combining Services A
> and B and the developer associates its profile with a profileHierarchy Z...
> Does this mean that any reference to profilehierarchies X and Y is lost
> due to the combination process?

No.

> If I wanted to know which profile hierarchies are associated to services
> A and B, what would be the best thing to do?

It's a bit roundabout, but the information is there.

As you probably know, in OWL-S composition focuses on processes, not
services.  So your composition will be centered about a process PC
(let's say), which is composed of processes PX and PY.  For each process
there can be a property called "describes" that refers to the
corresponding service instance.  Then, by visiting each service instance
you can follow the "presents" property to find the associated profile
instance (or instances).

Regards,
David Martin