RE: ambiguous match and business transaction

From: Daniela CLARO <daniela.claro@eseo.fr>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:16:50 +0200
To: <public-sws-ig@w3.org>
Hi all,

>- Concerning the service Profile .... I read that the service profile
permits agents or other programs to check unambiguously the matching
>between a requested WS and a advertised WS, only with input and output (I
don't really understand how the condition and effect works)  >... But
imagine you can found 2 services that have the input / output, but don't do
the same thing ... like this example : You have 2
>inputs, 2 Numbers and 1 output, also a number. The service A do input1
input2 while the service B do input1 - input2. How a matching >algorithm can
make a difference between this 2 services (because they have the same
input/output) ?

>Function signature is limited in the representation of functionalities,
and OWL-S is based on OWL,  therefore you can define a
>taxonomy of profiles that allows you to distinguish between different types
of Web services.  The OWL-S coalition proposed one
>such taxonomy.

Concerning this question and of course the Maximo's response, I've continued
with one doubt. Where exactly do I define this taxonomy in my Profile? Does
OWL-S propose as taxonomy the UNSPSC ? Can I create my own OWL file which
the service in located and specify in my Profile? Where and which is
effectively the relation between OWL and OWL-S in Profile files?

Thanks in advance,
Daniela