Re: Executing OWL-S/Profile

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:56:19 -0400
Cc: <public-sws-ig@w3.org>
To: "Jun Shen" <jshen@it.swin.edu.au>

On Sep 22, 2004, at 8:27 PM, Jun Shen wrote:

> I supposed BPEL or ebXML may be good at execution of e-services while
> OWL-S enables matchmaking. :-)

OWL-S process models are perfectly executable. As mentioned, our group
has a native OWL-S executer (in our OWL-S API), as does CMU (with their
DAML/OWL-S virtual machine). Neither of these compile to BPEL or ebXML.

Fujistu's Task Computing project uses the OWL-S API with our reasonable
Pellet to support user driven composition of OWL-S described services
and the execution of those compositions (i.e., CompositeServices).
We've published on our use of the SHOP2 planner to automate composition
of executable OWL-S compositions.

Hmm. Now I notice the past tense of your "supposed". Does this mean you
no longer suppose that?

Cheers,
Bijan.