Repeat-While vs. Repeat-Until

From: Craig Schlenoff <schlenof@cme.nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 10:36:12 -0400
To: <public-sws-ig@w3.org>

Is there any difference in these two constructs as to when the condition is
evaluated? In particular, I am looking for a construct that will evaluate
the condition FIRST before the action is even executed one time. It is
unclear from the documentation when the condition is evaluated for each of
these constructs.

I understand the difference between the two constructs with respect to
functionality (repeat-while performs an action while a condition is true,
repeat-until performs an action until a condition becomes true). I just
don't understand when the condition is evaluated.

Thanks,

Craig

---------------------------------
Craig Schlenoff
Mechanical Engineer
Knowledge Systems Group
Intelligent Systems Division
Manufacturing Engineering Laboratory
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8230
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8230
Phone: 301-975-3456
Fax: 301-990-9688