Re: [OWL-S] Negative effects/delete lists

On Mar 28, 2004, at 7:25 PM, Katia Sycara wrote:

> Bijan,
>  Given that we aim for wide applicability of OWL-S, we should be
> prescriptive and advisive.
>  --Katia

Hmm. That wasn't the line of reasoning I was expecting. And I tend to
think of 'prescriptive' as some sort of contrary to 'advisive' (which
is a word I made up :)).

So, what sort of prescriptions and/or advice do you think we should
give?

Sample prescription:
	Do not have effects that are complementary to the entailments of your
KB. (Similarly, don't have entailments of your KB that are
complementsOf some effects.)

(Advising version:
	Effects which are the complement of some entailment of the KB may
result in counterintuitive situations. [Insert example where an axiom
entails, say, that you always have such and such a credit card, but
some service has an effect that the card is canceled. This isn't
*incoherent*, but it may be a bit surprising.])

I guess it wasn't clear, but if we're not just letting chips fall as
they may, I would like some feedback on what we should say.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.