SWRL and OWL properties

From: Jacques-Albert De Blasio <jacquesalbert.deblasio@toshiba.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 14:11:09 +0900
To: public-sws-ig@w3.org

Dear all,

I have a question about SWRL's atoms. I am sorry if this question seems
trivial to most of you, but I wish to understand clearly what is going on.

I would like to know what is the relationship between an unconditional
fact described in SWRL and a property (with domain and range) defined in
OWL. Stated differently, I would like to know how a property defined in
OWL could be reused in SWRL. If I have an ontology already described in
OWL, how can I make use of the properties already existing?

In SWRL, an individualPropertyAtom has a "property" attribute. It is
written in the SWRL submission that this attribute is "a reference to an
individual property name". What does this mean?

Thanks for your help and your patience,

Jacques-Albert