Re: [OWL-S] Profile, textDescription

On Feb 26, 2004, at 11:09 AM, Austin Tate wrote:

> We want to be careful about adding many attributes for annotations...

Well, I'm mostly talking about avoiding proliferating roughly
equivalent properties. Dublin Core is a central vocabulary.

> much like we want to try to cluster the various attributes of OWL-S
> into more fundamental classes of things.
>
> I suggest that all annotations in OWL-S are clustered into a single
> "annotation" type that we can then sub-class into desirable sets of
> different notations with different types or properties.

Well, that's the design for *some* parts of OWL-S, namely
serviceParameter.That's *not* the design for some other properties,
like textDescription. I don't much care about making Yet Another
Wrapper for dublin core without a direct motivation. Dublin Core
doesn't work that way, so we'd have to rework that. Pfft.

> So all textural/string attributes can be clustered and it can be
> understood when some are related to others - e.g. different language
> variants of a textual description or tooltip.

Usually done with an xml:lang.

> I suggest that all annotations are of form key=value where arbitrarily
> complex values are allows... and (but this is less obvious) I think
> reasonably complex keys might be useful... not restricted to some
> simple symbol name.

I would love if the Dublin Core got more sophisticated about complex
content.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.