Re: Doubt about Parameter during execution

Hi Evren,

I understood that it's expected that everybody explicitly says that a Parameter is an Input or an Output, for instance, instead of simply saying that it's a Parameter. However, I continue with my doubt...

Thinking about the execution of the process I specified, if I put that a process A has as output the parameter named "OutputA" (process:Output rdf:ID="OutputA"), which is of type MyClass, is it expected that during execution an instance of OutputA is generated? I mean, will the execution generate, for example, an instance OutputA_a that is of type MyClass?

I'm asking it because I'm constructing a system that have some rules associated with some variables, specially with the processes output variables and I (the system) must test if the value of one output was "X", for example. So, how do I have to test it? If an instance is the generated, I would have to test the value of this instance...if not, I would have to test the value of OutputA, don't I?

Thank you again,
Tatiana.

Evren Sirin <evren@cs.umd.edu> wrote:

Hi Tatiana,
The "instantiation" of Parameter class is not related to the execution
of processes. It is related to the OWL individuals found in the OWL-S
descriptions. It simply says that we don't expect anybody to create a
"direct" instance of Parameter class, i.e. having only one type
assertion for a parameter like this:

In your OWL-S description, it is expected (though not mandatory) that
you will explicitly say that a parameter is an input or output, i.e. by
saying

OR

There are also different subclasses of Parameter class defined in OWL-S
1.1, such as Local and ResultVar, which you might use. Of course you can
also extend the OWL-S ontologies to define your own subclasses of the
Parameter class.

Regards,
Evren

Tatiana Vieira wrote:

> Hi people,
> In the "OWL-S: Semantic Markup for Web Services" document,
> Section 4.2.3, when there is a description about "hasParameter", we
> found the following sentence: "...we do not expect this class to be
> instantiated. It's role is solely making domain knowledge explicit".
> What does it mean? What happens when a process is executed: does it
> create an instance of each output parameter class?
> Thank you in advance,
> Tatiana.

> Converse com seus amigos em tempo real com o Yahoo! Messenger
> http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador do Yahoo! agora.