Introduction and PC for ESWC (was: AW: Re: 2nd Human-Semantic Web Interaction Workshop (HSWI))

All,

I'm Lars Svensson and I work in the German National Library (Deutsche Nationalbibliothek, DNB) as an advisor for knowledge networking. My claim to fame in when it comes to semantic web user interfaces is that I organised a workshop on user interaction based on linked library data earlier this year [1] where Paola made the keynote speech.
Technically I'm a librarian, but I mostly deal with books only in terms of metadata, and one of my main tasks is to figure out how that metadata can be useful for organisations outside of the library domain. Before becoming a librarian, I worked as a Java developer and before that I spent a few years in petrochemistry.
Generally I'm more of a back-end person and always found UI programming terribly tedious and time-consuming. However, I see that the uptake of a new technology requires good user interfaces since it's ultimately people who want to process the information.

With that in mind, I volunteer to serve on the PC for the HSWI. I might or might not be able to come to the ESWC, depends a bit on funding.

[1] http://ifla2013satellite.nlb.sg/it/programme/

Best,

Lars

***Lesen. Hören. Wissen. Deutsche Nationalbibliothek***
***Reading. Listening. Understanding. German National Library***

--
Dr. Lars G. Svensson
Deutsche Nationalbibliothek / Informationstechnik