Re: activitypub-testing: a test runner for ActivityPub Actors

Hey Ben,

Would it be accurate to describe what you announced here is a set of structural correctness tests on the Actor document?

So for example, it seems you are looking whether the Actor document has an inbox, and if so, that the inbox has the right type.

But you are not testing that, say, if I post to your inbox, you actually receive my Note. (You might be testing 201 Created?)

My apologies if I’m getting this wrong, I have not had yet the time to read your source code in detail, but I’d like to think about it the right way.

Secondly, how would you compare this to what Helge created at https://funfedi.dev/testing_tools/verify_actor/ ?

Thanks,

Johannes.

Johannes Ernst