Re: HTTP Signature CG report

Also, let me back up and try to address this on a slightly more abstract
level.
Server-side signing is a TEMPORARY state of affairs. Like.. it's not good,
it's just an artifact of tech limitation (lack of good client-side key
management options) at the time.
And it's definitely not the "only secure method" that the previous
discussion is implying, but exactly the opposite (something we have to put
up with currently, but will try to move away from).

If current server implementations don't handle client-side signing
correctly, that's fine, we'll have to fix that (and painfully wait till the
fixes propagate through the ecosystem).
If there's something in the AP protocol that's adding to the confusion /
making client-side signing harder, we'll fix the protocol.

(Hopefully my answers make more sense in that context.)