Re: Proposed agenda items for 5 Apr 2024 meeting

Ryan,

I have used your specification for my Bash based webfinger

a) to deal with the Mastodon username validation - which should be okay
b) the RFC3077 username validation - which has issues, no RegEx, and the
ABNF was not clear to me, the 0*(...) was not obvious

Here's my repo if you want to play :-

https://github.com/AaronNGray/webfinger.sh

It should all be self installing all within the one
webfinger command, which can be copied locally.

I hope to expand this work to be a complete ActivityPub/Streams set of
tools and maybe even a test set.

If people are interested I may do a quick demo at the end of todays session.

Regards,

Aaron