Re: Clarification and Call for Respectful Communication

čt 21. 9. 2023 v 7:13 odesílatel nightpool <eg1290@gmail.com> napsal:

> Melvin, if you have a concern about another member's conduct, please bring
> it up with the chairs. It does nothing to further respectful collaboration
> when you start a new thread of discussion to publicly call out another
> group member for some perceived slight or misunderstanding.
>
> This is the second time you've behaved this way within this group. In the
> future, please seek the advice of the chairs or a trusted third party
> before making another thread like this. Thank you.

Dear Nightpool,

Thank you for your feedback regarding my recent communication. I understand
and respect your position as co-chair of SWICG. However, I'd like to offer
a different perspective on the matter and explain my intentions.

My primary aim was to address a misrepresentation of my views in the public
forum where it occurred. While I understand the importance of avoiding
public contention, I felt it was necessary to clarify a misunderstanding
directly. The intent was not to start a new contentious thread but to
correct an inaccurate portrayal of my stance.

In the future, I'll consider your advice and approach the chairs for such
concerns. However, I believe there's value in addressing certain
misunderstandings openly, especially when they concern public statements.

I appreciate the challenging role you play in ensuring the group's smooth
functioning. Let's work together to ensure that all members, including
myself, feel heard and respected. I'm open to a conversation on how we can
achieve this and ensure a harmonious group environment.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Melvin