Re: SWICG Community Meeting on September 22nd

I’d like to point out that it’s not actually up to the CG to charter a WG.

We’re voting on a recommended scope to pass on to W3C staff. They’re going to include that scope in a draft charter, present it to W3C members, and members will decide whether or not to charter.

I realize that is some inside baseball, but there are some important parts there.

I don’t know what would happen, for example, if we didn’t provide a scope for a WG. It’s entirely possible that a WG charter would happen without our input, although I think that’s unlikely.

It’s also possible that the scope we provide will be edited, although again I think that’s unlikely.

And, of course, it’s possible that we recommend a scope, and the W3C members decide not to charter a WG.

Evan