Re: Split off ActivityPub CG or WG

BTW, I agree with Evan: the CG *is* the home of ActivityPub currently.

I made the suggestion to make a separate CG or WG for ActivityPub is
mainly to provide more focus within the standards process, and it was
primarily a suggestion about if a WG was made in particular.  It could
be that this is a *sub-group* or outgrowth of the SocialCG, but I am
also okay with it not happening.  I appreciate the massive amount of
work Evan is doing organizing and reviving the CG right now, by the way.

But I see the "official home" of the specification, and the authority of
what constitutes ActivityPub, as the SocialCG at present.  I think
SocialHub is an excellent place to coordinate, and works with the
SocialCG.  But the SocialCG is where AP's editing authority resides, and
I think that's good and appropriate and it was designed to be that way.

 - Christine