Re: Issue Triage

st 17. 5. 2023 v 18:43 odesílatel Evan Prodromou <evan@prodromou.name>
napsal:

> I ran through three issues in the ActivityPub repository. I decided to
> address the most recent first this session, in order to nibble the cookie
> from the other side, toward the middle.
>

>    - https://github.com/w3c/activitypub/issues/371 documented in
>    Primer/Outbox <https://www.w3.org/wiki/ActivityPub/Primer/Outbox>,
>    closed as resolved
>    - https://github.com/w3c/activitypub/issues/369 documented in a new FAQ
>    <https://www.w3.org/wiki/Activity_Streams/FAQ>, closed as resolved
>    - https://github.com/w3c/activitypub/issues/370 assigned to myself,
>    looking for ways to align and harmonize with the FEP project on
>    archives <https://codeberg.org/fediverse/fediverse-ideas/issues/5>.
>

> Thanks to everyone who came to help out. All mistakes my own.

Hi Evan.  I noticed that your current approach to closing issues doesn't
involve linking them to a versioned wiki or vice versa. This was something
you had previously agreed to do to ensure that the context and resolution
of each issue remain clear to everyone involved.

I'm concerned about this omission, particularly given that a normative
change nearly slipped through unnoticed on one occasion. Given that the
specification we're working on is used in an ecosystem beyond our community
group, accuracy is crucial.

I respectfully request that you document your process and obtain the
group's agreement before proceeding with further issue closures. A two-step
process where an issue is marked to be closed and a second assignee
confirms it would offer better oversight.