Re: Six Months In: Thoughts On The Current Post-Twitter Diaspora Options

> po 15. 5. 2023 v 23:32 odesílatel Ryan Barrett <public@ryanb.org <mailto:public@ryanb.org>> napsal:
>> Melvin et al, you'll hopefully be glad to hear that the Bluesky web app and mobile apps are now open source, including full commit history back to the beginning: https://github.com/bluesky-social/social-app

Does anybody have any idea what Bluesky’s business model is intended to be? “It’s all free” for consumer software has historically not lead to good places.

I’m always very queasy when I don’t understand a company’s business model up-front, even if it is a public benefit corp.

(Arguably this is off-topic for this list, as might be Bluesky in general)

Cheers,

Johannes.

Johannes Ernst
Blog: https://reb00ted.org/