Re: Bluesky CEO in The Verge on how they are better than what ActivityPub can do

Ășt 9. 5. 2023 v 11:26 odesĂ­latel Marcus Rohrmoser <me+swicg@mro.name>
napsal:

> On 30 Apr 2023, at 21:22, Bob Wyman wrote:
>
> > who it is that decides the rules (for what will or will not be seen).
>
> If the decision-maker can actually be held accountable per case, I am all
> with you.
>
> However, I see such rarely.
>
> Usually machine executed rules result in covered up or even dissolved
> responsibilities that you can't realistically hold anybody accountable for
> or appeal to.
>
> In the end it's all about agency, accountability, reliability and trust.
> We have to check against those values over and over again and not accept
> regress.

Unfortunately BlueSky have had a bit of a PR disaster and then a following
"skeet" (sky-tweet) stream.

Jack Dorsey, founder of bluesky, made a post yesterday, which linked to an
article entitled "BlueSky is a scam"

https://fiatjaf.com/ab1127fb.html

While quite a harsh critique, the article has technical merit.

The gist of it is that bluesky was created to be an open system, but is far
too closed, right now.

It could be turned around, but I think they need to act, and open source
their app ASAP.  And perhaps get in some new people with a more open
mentality.