Re: Monthly SWICG call times poll

čt 4. 5. 2023 v 19:30 odesílatel Dmitri Zagidulin <dzagidulin@gmail.com>
napsal:

> Hi everyone,
> As discussed in the previous thread "Regular SWICG meeting and CG
> process", there was interest in a monthly community group call.
> Let's kick off this process (we can start with a single monthly call, and
> during the various conversations, determine whether we want to have
> separate calls for process/governance/general discussion and issue/PR/spec
> triage).
>
> Everyone, please fill out this Doodle poll for which times you're
> available to hold regular monthly calls:
>
> https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/el2PJ56b
>
> (I know, these things are annoying to fill out, but it's our best chance
> to accommodate the maximum amount of people).

Thanks Dmitri, this is a great initiative.

Having done this for about 15 years, the first of these calls tends to be
introductions.

For some reason, with identity or the social web, there are some folks that
enjoy talking about it.

I recall once at TPAC we had a 2 hour social web meeting, and went round
the room with a 60s introduction.  But the time we went round the room, the
2 hours time limit was up! :)

Hopefully some adendas can be put forward.  My feeling is, and I good be
wrong, is that there's a few different directions people want to take.
Some to innovate and make new progress, some to keep and fix the status quo
(as much as it can be), and a great deal of people in between.

We probably all agree that any changes should be as backwards compatible as
possible.

I would guess there's a split between those wanting to work on AP 1.x and
those wanting to work on AP 2.x.

Hopefully these telecons can establish some high level organizational
stuff, before drilling into fixes and details

Looking forward to the results!