Re: Regular SWICG meetings and CG process

Hi,

Sorry I am not very practiced at communicating and was a bit rushed on
video, forgetting to introduce myself properly and ended up a bit
fragmented.

My main interests are meta systems, type theory, compilers, and compiler
compilers. I have compiled what is probably one of the best and most
complete libraries on the whole of the history of type theory outside of
academia.

And forgot to mention I am intending on implementing AP from specs as a
TypeScript framework with unit tests and ideally integration testing and
AS2 using a code generator that I am working on to generate TypeScript
skeletons from RDF/OWL specs. And also a dynamic implementation that can
interpret JSON-LD @content specs either parsing dynamically but using the
compiled libraries for speed where able to.

I seriously think we need to work together on producing AP and AS2
libraries in all the mainstream languages. Some of these could be taken
from existing implementations and distilled into library form. Same with
unit tests and ideally integration tests.

On Wed, 29 Mar 2023 at 19:07, Evan Prodromou <evan@prodromou.name> wrote:

> Hey, everyone. So, as the co-author of two of the relevant specs, I’d be
> very happy to start participating in more regular meetings.
>
> In particular, I’d like to:
>
> - service the issue queue on GitHub for AS2
> - service the issue queue on GitHub for AP

Evan, Thank you for this it does not look like a totally fun task.

> - re-enable the AS2 test suite site

Is this Christine Lemmer-Webber's
https://gitlab.com/dustyweb/pubstrate/-/blob/master/pubstrate/aptestsuite.scm

This is written in Scheme and Christine is no longer able to maintain the
code base and was asking on Mastodon for someone to take over maintenance
https://octodon.social/@cwebber/109393635461692593

I would have taken it on because I don't have any experience with actually
maintaining a Scheme codebase.

- attend a regular SWICG meeting to track these and other projects

On Wed, 29 Mar 2023 at 19:12, Bob Wyman <bob@wyman.us> wrote:

> Given the significant interest in restarting the process and given the
> issues identified, I would prefer monthly meetings rather than quarterly
> meetings. If monthly meetings turn out to be too frequent, or too
> infrequent, we can always adjust the schedule in the future. However, I am
> confident that quarterly meetings would be too infrequent to be useful at
> this point in time.

I think monthly or fortnightly if there is more activity and reports as
people implement, falling back to quarterly as things stabilize.

Regards,

Aaron
--
Aaron Gray

Independent Open Source Software Engineer, Computer Language Researcher,
Information Theorist, and Computer Scientist.