Re: CHANGE OF VENUE: Meeting tomorrow

I share the concern with the use of unaccountable black box platforms.

But it’s not the only concern. Others are:
* a concern we might not actually successfully meet due to numbers and load (unknowable, as it’s an open meeting)
* a concern that some people cannot figure out how to get Jitsi to work (beats me, but happened on a recent unrelated Jitsi call I was hosting)
* a concern that we do not move at the speed that’s required to seize the opportunity for federated social networking created right now by a certain guy

These all, and perhaps more, will needed to be traded off against each other. Different people will, naturally, prefer different tradeoffs.

For this call, we’ll err on the side of Zoom. In the future, should there be future meetings, we can make different tradeoffs, and I think think we all welcome any volunteers who help with making available communications infrastructure that is “optimal” given the various concerns and constraints.

See you soon as FediForum if you are attending, or on this call. Here is dial-in info if you prefer:

Meeting ID: 891 0341 7915
Passcode: 500118
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,89103417915#,,,,*500118# US (San Jose)
+16694449171,,89103417915#,,,,*500118# US

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 669 444 9171 US
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)