Re: CHANGE OF VENUE: Meeting tomorrow

Hi Johannes, all

> On 28 Mar 2023, at 19:21, Johannes Ernst wrote:
>
>> CHANGE OF VENUE to Zoom

Hi Johannes, all

> On 28 Mar 2023, at 19:21, Johannes Ernst wrote:
>
>> CHANGE OF VENUE to Zoom

the venue change of the meeting later today is disappointing to me. Let
me briefly elaborate.

Early on, when the wish to meet formed, there was this question where.
It seemed accepted that certain hosts are no option. An in-depth
argument why seemed unnecessary.

Now you changed exactly for the called no-go host. You did so on the
basis of speculation concerning capability of the chosen (by you) prior
host. Other recommendations provide hosting free for pro-bono since
years, legal under the GDPR and for thousands of meetings with up to
hundreds of participants. I assumed the meeting to be within that scope,
otherwise I wouldn't take part anyway. They are no single-user,
otherwise dormant servers but professionally operated.

As Aaron put it "I don't like the part where people have to show video
… Forced microphone is also a potential issue". I don't like being
forced into (for good reason) illegal services, no matter how juicy they
may be. I am quite stern about such things as is e.g. Bruce Schneier as
well and am happy to live under GDPR jurisdiction. [1] [2] [3]
I propagate multilateral pluralism, I have to live up to that.

You didn't raise any concerns, but make a final decision and prove the
prior announcement unreliable.

Attending video meetings is no priority for me, results however are.

Taking risks is inevitable to overcome mediocracy.

Kind regards and I wish us all a fruitful, convival, long-term
collaboration,
Marcus

[1]
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2020/04/security_and_pr_1.html