Re: Sovereign Tech Fund Applications Open

čt 23. 3. 2023 v 19:46 odesílatel Bob Wyman <bob@wyman.us> napsal:

> Please remember that this group should be concerned with the full range of
> present and future SocialWeb protocols, etc., as well as those more general
> protocols and services that support SocialWeb protocols and
> implementations. We should not be concerned only with AS/AP. A more full
> discussion of the range of protocols can be found in Social Web Protocols
> <https://www.w3.org/TR/social-web-protocols/> (25 December 2017).
>
> The list of Social Web protocols published by the W3C Social Web Group
> included:
>
> [Activitypub <https://www.w3.org/TR/social-web-protocols/#bib-Activitypub>
> ]JSON(-LD)-based APIs for client-to-server interactions (ie. publishing)
> and server-to-server interactions (ie. federation).ActivityStreams 2.0 [
> activitystreams-core
> <https://www.w3.org/TR/social-web-protocols/#bib-activitystreams-core>]
> and [activitystreams-vocabulary
> <https://www.w3.org/TR/social-web-protocols/#bib-activitystreams-vocabulary>
> ]The syntax and vocabulary for representing
> <https://www.w3.org/TR/social-web-protocols/#reading> social activities,
> actors, objects, and collections in JSON(-LD).Linked Data Notifications ([
> LDN <https://www.w3.org/TR/social-web-protocols/#bib-LDN>])A
> JSON-LD-based protocol for delivery
> <https://www.w3.org/TR/social-web-protocols/#delivery>.[Micropub
> <https://www.w3.org/TR/social-web-protocols/#bib-Micropub>]A
> form-encoding and JSON-based API for client-to-server interactions (ie.
> publishing).[Webmention
> <https://www.w3.org/TR/social-web-protocols/#bib-Webmention>]A
> form-encoding-based protocol for delivery
> <https://www.w3.org/TR/social-web-protocols/#delivery>.[WebSub
> <https://www.w3.org/TR/social-web-protocols/#bib-WebSub>]A protocol for
> any resource and delivery
> <https://www.w3.org/TR/social-web-protocols/#delivery> of updates about
> it.

Those are a good start, but it's actually a bit broader than that

The social web incubator group at the w3c has been going a long time, this
was our first report:

https://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/FinalReport

The Working Group which came after narrowed things for various reasons.
One big issue was the Facebook were a W3C member but did not join the
social web working group.  So there were two competing models at the time,
one was around friending and friend requests with posts (facebook model)
and the other was around followers, follows and microblogs (twitter
model).

The microblogging won out, but there was always a contingent to include
people, friendships and connections in future work.  For example a
browsable social graph.