Re: Meta and ActivityPub

The very fact that Meta is even considering adding ActivityPub support
is an indication that Facebook's days are numbered, as far as being the
dominant player. ActivityPub support may be an attempt to stop the
bleeding. They could wind up going the way of MySpace unless they anchor
themselves to something that has more staying power, such as ActivityPub.

And, they may be entertaining the idea of integrating with ActivityPub
because some regulators such as the EU are requiring interoperability.
What's ironic is that the fediverse may wind up becoming interoperable
with Facebook and Twitter because of the Digital Markets Act (DMA) which
requires large players to be interoperable.

Don't you love how the laws targeted at large players always come around
and bite the small players? A classic case of unintended consequences.
So you can thank EU laws for Meta eventually becoming part of the fediverse.