Re: Meta and ActivityPub

> On Mar 10, 2023, at 13:18, Bob Wyman <bob@wyman.us> wrote:
>
> Johannes wrote:
>>
>> Define an unambiguous, no-loopholes “minimum profile” of the entire protocol stack that guarantees a (minimum, but reliable) level of interop
> Doing this would require better segmentation, probably into different documents, of what is specified today in the three key docs. (ActivityStream, Vocabulary, and ActivityPub).

A refactor would be useful indeed. And IMHO such a refactor should take into account the entire stack of protocols and non-protocol conventions needed to meet user (and developer) expectations in the real world.

That stack could then be profiled for different levels of interop, from basic, say text-only, @foo@bar only (or whatever) to fully “dynamic” with all possible extensions. Starting with the “minimum profile”.

Lots of work, though. Not sure anybody would have the time / funding to even work on this, even if we could agree on how to do it?

Cheers,

Johannes Ernst
Blog: https://reb00ted.org/
FediForum: https://fediforum.org/