Re: Can the SocialWeb save Google Groups? (or, at least do what it should do?)

I'm interested in seeing _existing_ forum software like Discourse being either modded or forked to support ActivityPub. They have an existing model of sustainability (in part of those who help found that project's existing capital) and a large enough audience that would connect thousands of Discourse instances into the Fediverse.

It's a Ruby on Rails stack (IIRC), similar to Mastodon so there's opportunity for some level of reusability/overlap.