Re: Rights Expression Language (REL) for Activity/Streams/Pub?

On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 at 19:51, Bob Wyman <bob@wyman.us> wrote:

> I believe that a number of frequently discussed issues with AS2 could be
> resolved by supporting a Rights Expression Language (REL) such as the W3C's
> ODRL. (see: ODRL's Data Model <https://www.w3.org/TR/odrl-model/> and
> Vocabulary <https://www.w3.org/TR/odrl-vocab/>) Some of these
> oft-mentioned issues include:

I have bookmarked the ODRL specification but not had time to look at it.
Thank you for the summary.

>    - Granting permissions for use (e.g. Creative Commons or inclusion in
>    search-engine results)
>    - Preventing replies to posts

On a social front This could be misused to attack people while preventing
them from replying but allowing others to do so; especially in a federated
system.

Conclusion