Re: Reconciling theory and in practice -- do the specs need updating?

I don't wish to derail this conversation, but if you'd like to discuss in another thread I'm talking about proposals like this:

files.de.adversary.org/crypto/ac/index.html

Such an example would facilitate E2EE features for confidential messages in web applications implementing ActivityPub. I have pinged this list before about this and am happy to continue the conversation.

I am not talking about any fediverse instance holding keys of its users.

Cheers,
- Sean

--
Sean O'Brien
Fellow, Information Society Project at Yale Law School