Re: SWICG 2023 July meeting time

Hey, everyone! So, we had some coordination problems with the meeting today, and weren’t able to hold a formal meeting of the group. However, we had a good discussion between the people present. Here are my notes:

1. Extensions Process Note. The general consensus was that the extensions process note was beneficial and should be continued. The major concern was about versioning of the context document for those implementers that require an extra level of vocabulary stability. We agreed to continue feedback through GitHub issues. https://w3c.github.io/activitystreams/draft-extensions-policy.html

2. Test suite. The need for a test suite for ActivityPub was brought up. The original test suite is now off line. There is discussion of work on a test suite on the AP group @activitypubtestsuite@venera.social <mailto:activitypubtestsuite@venera.social> . We agreed that test suites require a lot of effort and decided to orient any work on test suites towards the group.

3. Chairs. Dmitri has been doing great work as the chair for the SocialCG, but we feel like having more active chairs as backup for his work would be healthy for the group, and we think that holding co-chair election (or selection) in the near future would be helpful.

Thanks to everyone who came, and if I missed anything in these notes, please correct them! I’m looking forward to the next meeting.

Evan