Re: The term: "Mastodon" vs "fediverse" vs ...?

You wrote:

> "perhaps another term will emerge spontaneously from users or through a
> coordinated PR campaign *by a powerful actor.*"

I suggest that we have come to rely too much on "powerful actors" to define
the Social Web, the Internet, etc. Too many of our previous attempts to
build Social Web protocols have failed or been sidelined because one or
another "powerful actor" failed to support the effort or stopped supporting
it.

We would be wise to wean ourselves of this attachment to the powerful and
to discover that our own power, in the aggregate, is sufficient to achieve
what we need or desire.

bob wyman