Re: The term: "Mastodon" vs "fediverse" vs ...?

I like both fediverse and social web, athough fediverse seems more specific than social web.

For example, when people say fediverse, I think of the platforms that are currently in the fediverse, which are smaller independently run instances, most of which are not commercial entities.

But when people say social web, to me that is more inclusive and could mean any social platform that can talk to other social platforms, including commercial websites.