Re: The term: "Mastodon" vs "fediverse" vs ...?

> On Dec 19, 2022, at 17:08, Sean O'Brien <sean.obrien@yale.edu> wrote:
> ... Gen Z and younger folks ...are, after all, hyper-exposed to cinematic universes, the spiderverse, and so on :)

“Spiderverse” is a so much cooler term than “Fediverse”. I know what a spider is, and it creates a gamut of emotions, all of which get me fired up — but what’s a Fedi and how should I feel about that?

> IMO it's very unwise to add more terminology to the pile here.

If a rebranding needs to happen, it needs to happen at the earliest-possible time, which is why I bring this up now.

Cheers,

Johannes.

https://reb00ted.org/