Re: Business Presentation

Jeff,

sorry to be a bit late with my comments; I saw others have made some,
too, so here are mine.

==========

'Widespread acceptance'

The role of W3C is a little bit different than the others. I am not 100%
sure it is the right place to refer to W3C. In any case, the sentence
'is adopting RDF and OWL as extensions to existing XML and Web Services
  specifications' may raise some eyebrows...

As this slide set is, eventually, a W3C slide set with W3C logos on it,
I think it would be better to remove that item altogether. Let us
concentrate on others...

==========

'Semantic Web Will': I wonder whether the entries should not be
shortened somehow... It may be a matter of style, but it seems to be a
bit too long for a slide. Most of the text should be in the notes in my view

============
'A few citation': it may be a dangereous slide, in the sense that it
will become outdated soon:-(
 - testamony -> testimony for TBL
 - I would add reference to some TBL video interview:
<a
href="http://talis-podcasts.s3.amazonaws.com/twt20080207_TimBL.html">“Sir
Tim Berners-Lee Talks About the Semantic Web”</a>, Transcript of the
Podcast Interview with Paul Miller (February 2008); the <a
href="http://talis-podcasts.s3.amazonaws.com/twt20080207_TimBL.mp3">sound
version</a> can also be accessed on-line.

Berners-Lee on the Semantic Web</a>, Video on MIT Technology Review,
March 2007 (the <a
href="http://www.technologyreview.com/video/semantic">video of the
interview</a> can also be accessed).

 - I would add a reference to the SciAm paper as being more recent:
<a
href="http://www.sciamdigital.com/index.cfm?fa=Products.ViewIssuePreview&amp;ARTICLEID_CHAR=3734452E-3048-8A5E-1068474BA8D770C8">The
Semantic Web in Action</a>, by Lee Feigenbaum, Ivan Herman, Tonya
Hongsermeier, Eric Neumann, and Susie Stephens, Scientific American,
297(6), pp. 90-97, (December 2007).

 - To make place, I may remove: Deborah's and Ora's references as being
a bit old now...

I hope this helps. And I hope somebody can give me a version I can read
into OpenOffice to finalize the outlook...

Thanks!

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/