Re: [Information Gathering] next steps: syndication, good weblocation

On 01/04/07, Lee Feigenbaum <feigenbl@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> But, in my opinion, the architecture and technologies use do not matter at
> all (or matter very little) if we are not going to take the further steps
> of:
>
> 1/ generating the ranking/rating/flagging data
> 2/ generating the facet data on audience and domain/industry
> 3/ produce a user-friendly Web interface to the data

I'd say 1 & 2 are in scope for Information Gathering right now.

3 isn't, but obviously it's something everyone wants to see in some
form, by some means. If you feel strongly it should be considered a
core SWEO task, personally I'd be happy to go along with that (but am
still hoping it won't be necessary as an explicit task).

Whatever, 3 (and to some extent 1 & 2) do depend on their being some
acquired data to start with. What's the Next Action there?

Cheers,
Danny.
--

http://dannyayers.com