Re: SWEO-Information gathering - URL Change re. RDF Browser

Kingsley, Leo,

I am in discussion with our system guys to see what is the best solution.

The issue coming up with

www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/information/browser

type of approach (or, alternatively, sweo.w3.org) is the issue of
persistence. W3C has a very strong policy on persistence and, if the
service is run elsewhere, we cannot necessarily secure it (Kingsley, no
offence!:-). But, as I say, I am still collecting opinions.

Another approach is to register www.sweo.org separately, eg, by GHANDI,
which would be administered by, say, the W3C SW Activity lead of the
time (ie, not by a private person...).

I should get back some response soon.

Ivan

Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> Leo Sauermann wrote:
>> Ok,
>> we could also go for W3C uris, in the sweo space, and forward/redirect
>> to Kingsley's servers
>>
>> suggestions?
>> www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/information/browser
>> www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/information/syndication
>>
>> sweo.semanticweb.org/browser
>> sweo.semanticweb.org/syndication
> Leo,
>
> Fine too.
>
> But add:
> /data or /rdf for main portal page.
>
> /sparql and /isparql for the SPARQL endpoints (as per earlier mail).
>
> Once these are set up, just  notify me.
>
> Kingsley
>>
>> best
>> Leo
>>
>> It was Benjamin Nowack who said at the right time 23.03.2007 10:55 the
>> following words:
>>> Hi,
>>> what about asking Stefan Decker for a sub-domain at semanticweb.org?
>>> Could simplify stable URIs quite
>>> a bit.
>>>
>>> Ben

>> --
>> DI Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann
>> Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
>> Trippstadter Strasse 122
>> P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +49 631 20575-116
>> D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
>> Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann@dfki.de
>>
>> Geschaeftsfuehrung:
>> Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
>> Dr. Walter Olthoff
>> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
>> Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
>> Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313