Re: SWEO Logo ideas/ variations

Style 1) but with the globe-O from 2)

colours ain't bad (green),
the chalkboard is not intuitively recognizeable as such, perhaps adding
a piece of chalk somewhere may help.
The E from 3) is much more readable as E than the E from 1)

best
Leo

(p.s.: but as usually, judging logos is a headache, true art requires
you to make a daunting beauty and ignore the critics. otherwise we may
end up in a frankenstein of all logos making everybody equally unhappy :-)

It was Paula-Lavinia Patranjan who said at the right time 19.03.2007
08:56 the following words:
> Paul Walsh, Segala wrote:
>>
>> Personally I like the non-RDF ones because it’s almost like a brand
>> refresh. I hate reviewing this stuff as it’s so personal. I’m not
>> overly keen on the grey colours but my preferred logo is the first.
>>

> +1
>
> Regards,
> Paula

DI Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +49 631 20575-116
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann@dfki.de

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313