Re: On Tim's testimony at the US Senate comm

Paul Walsh, Segala wrote:
> I agree it's not for SWEO but hey, doesn't stop us from having some idle
> banter about it for a few minutes - given that the SW is one of the W3C's
> most important initiative - is it no 1?

Well, this mail reaches lots of people on the list, some of those
neither living in Europe, nor even necessarily understand what our
problems are with, say, the EU. I am happy to talk about this, but let
us not do that on this mailing list...

> I hear what you're saying about the EU - perhaps the W3C could play a role
> in bringing each government to the table? That is, over and above standards
> discussions...

I wish. You seem to overestimate our possibilities and reach:-( Although
we have recently started to look at eGovernmental issues but I am afraid
our role will remain purely technical...

Ivan