RE: On Tim's testimony at the US Senate comm

Doesn't the title give it away?

"US Congress Telecommuncations and the Internet Subcommittee Hearing on the
Future of the Web"

How is the future of the Web something which the US Congress can debate? Or
am I reading too much into this? Are they talking about the future of *the
Web*, or the future of the Web for *US citizens*?

I ask the questions because I'm privy to how ICANN really works as apposed
to how it's supposed to be non-US and independent.

Thanks
Paul

On