RE: SWEO is in the news :-)

Use cases for Content Labels can be found on the Quatro site [1]

I see CC as a use case. I also see codes of conduct for blogs, e-commerce,
advertising, marketing, educational information, privacy... as use cases. As
BIMA Chair, I work closely with trade associations in the UK. Some of them
have codes of conduct and are interested in machine-readable trustmarks
(Content Labels or POWDER to you and me). The use cases for enabling better
trust is quite compelling and it's an issue that can be resolved right away.

A Content Label is just a file that contains RDF (and likely to include
something else to support groups), so there's no worry about HTML/RDF etc.

Think of labels as the solution for making 'claims' of conformance to a
standard, best practice or code of conduct. Our method of labelling content
has already gone through the W3C's first ever XG [2]. So it's pretty stable
for what we want it to do now. It's now going onto a full recommendation
track to standardise it and to address additional stuff that TimBL wants to
see covered - such as Favicons, robot.txt.

[1] http://www.quatro-project.org/ContentProviders.htm
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/wcl/

We could knock up the vocabulary for CC in a few hours. I didn't want to
press ahead if people thought it was a silly idea on account of the current
RDF support could do everything that I have in mind.

I know you're familiar with Content Labels Ivan, so my note is for the
benefit of new members of the group.

Thanks
Paul