Re: [Messaging] Questionnaires

(having trouble sending mail today. my apologies if this goes through
multiple times.)

Danny Ayers wrote on 11/22/2006 01:59:11 PM:
> On 22/11/06, Susie Stephens <susie.stephens@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> > [1]  http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/TaskForces/CoreMessaging
>
> Sorry, one thing I'm not really clear on - who are the intended
> targets of the questionnaires?

The targets are representatives of W3C member enterprises which we
compiled last time as a combination of vendors who are active in the SW
area and those whose status is not necessarily known to me but who are in
an industry which has shown some SW interest, somewhere.

> If the target is "anyone", then a negative answer to "Do you use
> Semantic Web technologies..?" (or the non-vendor variation) means
> there's not really any more information captured.

Well, hopefully those people will also answer the follow-up questions:

"""
What sources of information influenced your decision
What were the perceived advantages and disadvantages of Semantic Web
projects
"""

which will give us more information about where SW messaging may be
failing.

Lee