RE: RDF resource list in RDF

F2F looks like it was productive - especially with the amount of tasks Susie
received ;)

Regarding tasks/responsibilities;
Either David's comments weren't captured in the minutes entirely, or he
forgot to mention that Segala doesn't just provide Content Labelling for
Accessibility. We are also building a system to make Content Labelling
easier for other Trust providers to adopt quickly and cheaply. Mass adoption
is what we're after. I think this is important to note because Content
Labelling is a current W3C initiative about to move onto a full
recommendation track in order to replace PICS - current method of filtering
adopted by IE.

I'd like to take on the responsibility of managing the relationship/bridging
the gap between the SWEO and Web 2.0 communities. Ivan, to get this started;
can you please ask TimBL if he will do some interviews? I can set them up
for the main Web 2.0 commentators (I've already been approached!). I think
this will be a great 'start' for the outreach. I'm doing some interviews but
feel TimBL (for some strange reason) will draw in the crowds a little better
than me :)

Doing interviews with the Web 2.0 community is the best start IMHO - getting
the immediate attention of more than a few hundred thousand qualified
people, a lot of whom blog themselves, will be much more 'engaging' than
speaking to a traditional print publication. The traditional publications
will pick up from these guys anyway...

I would still like the group to focus more on the Semantic Web and not RDF.
This group is supposed to be focused on education and outreach. RDF is an
'enabler'. If I was to setup an outreach programme to increase the amount of
retailers on the high street in order to stimulate more spend, I'm not going
to teach people how to build a shop using the most appropriate and durable
brick.

So, again, what is the Semantic Web going to do that will make a true
difference to the Web? I'm extremely passionate about the SW (a_n_d the
power of RDF) and my company strategy is actually based on it (although our
site paints 10% of the picture).

I'd like us to focus on the social stuff; how will the SW effect
'Search/Findability', 'Trust', 'Relevance'... - all the things that
techies/grannies care about. I know RDF underpins all of this, but let's
start from scratch. Talking about RDF from the start will get us into the
usual debate without actually highlighting the good things we want to
achieve.

I'm very sorry if I appear to be preaching, it's not my intention to do
this. I'm just trying to bring my slant. We've all got something to bring,
so don't think for a second that I feel I 'have the answer'! :)

I'm very much in favour of talking about RDF so I apologise if I appear to
be hampering useful discussion in this area. I'd like to see a focused
discussion that separates the problem/resolution (the SW) from the 'how'
(RDF).

Cheers
Paul