RE: SWEO Introductions...

You put it very nicely Ivan :) I'd like to think I was using similar
language when talking to my team about this yesterday. [1]

As it happens, I'm meeting Sam Sethi tomorrow to talk about a communication
plan to articulate to the industry, how Segala is helping to enable Trust
using semantic methods (is this the right phraseology?), but we have
specifically scheduled time to talk about GRDDL and how 'we' can put it to
use. Sam is extremely well connected - he's ex head of strategy for MSN UK
and his wife until recently, was head of MSN UK. FYI, I met him the other
week with the guys who created Beebo and milliondollarhomepage amongst other
tech/social savvy companies who in my opinion, would benefit greatly from
all of this stuff. Social sites and companies such as Wee Mee is a good
place as any for the use of FOAF, to give people one consistent identity
across the Web, irrespective of what character they use across multiple
platforms and sites.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not, but Sam would like to run an event
specifically for what Segala is working on and then have an article
translated for all other TechCrunch sites around the world - apologies if
I'm boring you with the same stuff). There is a slim chance of me
demonstrating stuff at Le Web 3.0 [2] (don't ask but take a peak at some of
the speakers).

Ok, so onto the reason I'm telling you all this... what if anything, can I
leverage to ensure I speak in the most appropriate tone using the right
terminology to ensure I can do some good for the group? Any advice/direction
would be greatly appreciated. I want to ensure I get things right before I
get these people actually using semantic solutions.

If I had some kind of backing from the w3c or others within this group I/we
might be able to punch our weight. This could start with something as small
as a script that I could use. If some of the great companies on this list
were prepared to offer speakers at events, we could arrange a Web 2.0 like
team that the industry could refer to. I think Alex's idea of a definitive
site that's dedicated to this cause and the companies that endorse it is a
great idea that we should discuss as a group. We should have things such as
a forum/blog etc.

[1] http://www.techcrunch.co.uk/
[2] http://www.leweb3.com/

Again I'd like to apologise for the bombardment of 'me' and 'us' but I'm
trying to paint a picture for the group to provide some advice on how I can
best promote the cause.

Kind regards,
Paul