Re: What is the SIOC-o-sphere?

Wing C Yung wrote:
> I think that it's great that we have some SIOC producers; it's definitely
> the first step towards *enabling* a potential "killer app" for the Semantic
> Web. Having the data as RDF is necessary but not sufficient to convince
> people of the benefits. The "killer app" is going to be a consumer of data
> (like a SW-enabled feed aggregator/reader that does something compelling
> with the data), not the data itself. Right now, are there other consumers
> besides the one [1] listed on the SIOC page?
>
> [1]
> http://sparql.captsolo.net/browser/browser.py?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.johnbreslin.com%2Fblog%2Findex.php%3Fsioc_type%3Dpost%26sioc_id%3D462
>
> Wing
>
> Internet Technology
> wingyung@us.ibm.com
> 617.693.3763

Wing,

Really simple Client (RDF Data Consumer) example.

Use PiggyBank to browse a SIOC-enabled site :-)

The Data Sources need to be in place for Clients to bloom, this is the
classic "chicken and egg" conundrum. SIOC sorts out the Data Source side
of things with minimal costs. There are exporters (physical and virtual
RDF) emerging for all the major platforms out there as I write.
Likewise, there is natural meshing of SIOC, SKOS, and AtomOWL (again as
I write). All of this at not cost to the existing users which is the
most important thing of all.

I've always held the position that the Blogoshere (and rest of Web 1.0
and 2.0) will wake up in "SHOCK" (pun intended) when they realize the
Semantic Web is already here :-)

Kingsley

--

Regards,