Re: ACTION: paulmiller to look at librarything

For references, looking at
www.bibsonomy.org
may help

the makers are in an EU project with us and fancy RDF.
it works very hard related to bibtex, and does not really do the trick,
though

best
Leo

Es begab sich aber da Paul Miller zur rechten Zeit 11.12.2006 17:30
folgendes schrieb:
> There was an action on me from last week to take a look at the suitability
> of LibraryThing [1] as one channel by which to push out information about
> Semantic Web books, etc.
>
> Taking a quick look, [2] 16 people currently tag 18 books [3] as being in
> some way related to the topic.
>
> In each case, you can view descriptions of the book, find various ways to
> get hold of it by buying or borrowing it, or look at related and recommended
> works.
>
> Given the number of people claiming to own any one of these titles, the
> really valuable network effects are not kicking in fully. However, if 'the
> community' were encouraged to embrace this as a way of increasing awareness
> and understanding then it could certainly serve as one useful tool amongst
> many in our toolkit.
>
> Give it a try for yourself, maybe recording a couple of titles that *you*
> own; registration is free, and you can catalogue up to 200 books for free as
> well.
>
> See something like [4] or [5] for examples of the possibilities once the
> crowd gets wise...
>
> See also [6] for one way in which a colleague of mine has been able to
> further enhance the display...
>
> [1] - http://www.librarything.com/
> [2] - http://www.librarything.com/tag/semantic+web
> [3] - http://www.librarything.com/tag_allbooks.php?tag=semantic%20web
> [4] - http://www.librarything.com/work/16738
> [5] - http://www.librarything.com/work/11754
> [6] - http://www.talis.com/tdn/greasemonkey/librarythingthing

DI Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann
DFKI GmbH
P.O. Box 2080          Fon:   +49 631 205-3503
67608 Kaiserslautern   Fax:   +49 631 205-3472
Germany                Mail:  leo.sauermann@dfki.de