Re: Trial version of the questionnaire

I have made all pending changes (commented below). I have also
re-numbered the questions (remember that yesterday I split question #8
to #8a and #8b to avoid confusions while we had pending issues).

I am not aware of any pending issues at the moment. But the floor is
still open until tomorrow's meeting:-)

Thanks to all

Ivan

Susie Stephens wrote:

>> Lee:
>>
>> Question 10: I don't understand this question as worded. Why do we care
>>  about the survey taker's opinion on this vis a vis the actual nature of
>>  who the decision markers / influencers are?
>>

> The goal of the question is to get a better understanding as to who
> exactly the decision makers / influencers are. That way we can tailor
> our collateral to the key people. Lee: Does this answer your question?

In a subsequent mail Lee agreed that the answer possibilities were not
really appropriate and the question was o.k. I have deleted the 'old'
ranking widget and replaced it with the 'importance' widget. This may
solve the issue.

>> Danny:
>>
>> "4. Are you familiar with the use of Semantic Web technologies in the
>> following areas"
>> I didn't understand what was intended by the option
>> Regulation/compliance - interpretations could perhaps be network access
>> control; quality control; XML validation...
>>

> Perhaps we should change the description to 'Compliance, Governance and
> Audit'. There are increasing business pressures around the traceability
> and verifiability of data movement and data relationships. The Semantic
> Web provides benefits in this area because it provide an approach that
> is flexible, precise, repeatable, and intelligent.

I have changed the entry to what you propose. I have also changed
question #5 where the same term was used.

>> "9. How do customers perceive your usage of Semantic Web technologies?"
>> could be tricky for non customer-facing respondees.
>>

> We thought this question would work for vendors, and also for IT people
> who consider the business people within their company to be customers.
> Danny: Should we add an 'If applicable' at the beginning?

I was a bit more verbose and I added the following to the question:

research institution, you can skip this question.)</p>

>> "10. Which individuals in your organization are most likely to make
>> decisions about whether to use Semantic Web technologies?"
>>  - is totally confusing (I skipped, and on looking back I realise I'd
>> inadvertently skipped 11 as well)
>>

> Ivan has changed the ranking for this question, so hopefully that helps.

Yep.