Re: Trial version of the questionnaire

I've embedded my thoughts below for the areas where Ivan has said that
he is looking for feedback.

All other comments are very welcome. :-)

Regards,

Susie

Ivan Herman wrote:
> I made a bunch of changes, documented in separate mails. Here are the
> items which I would like to get agreement on before doing anything:
>
> Lee:
>
> Question 10: I don't understand this question as worded. Why do we care
>  about the survey taker's opinion on this vis a vis the actual nature of
>  who the decision markers / influencers are?

The goal of the question is to get a better understanding as to who
exactly the decision makers / influencers are. That way we can tailor
our collateral to the key people. Lee: Does this answer your question?
> Danny:
>
> "4. Are you familiar with the use of Semantic Web technologies in the
> following areas"
> I didn't understand what was intended by the option
> Regulation/compliance - interpretations could perhaps be network access
> control; quality control; XML validation...

Perhaps we should change the description to 'Compliance, Governance and
Audit'. There are increasing business pressures around the traceability
and verifiability of data movement and data relationships. The Semantic
Web provides benefits in this area because it provide an approach that
is flexible, precise, repeatable, and intelligent.
> "9. How do customers perceive your usage of Semantic Web technologies?"
> could be tricky for non customer-facing respondees.

We thought this question would work for vendors, and also for IT people
who consider the business people within their company to be customers.
Danny: Should we add an 'If applicable' at the beginning?
> "10. Which individuals in your organization are most likely to make
> decisions about whether to use Semantic Web technologies?"
>  - is totally confusing (I skipped, and on looking back I realise I'd
> inadvertently skipped 11 as well)

Ivan has changed the ranking for this question, so hopefully that helps.