reader2 (was: Re: ACTION: paulmiller to look at librarything)

Paul,

In wonder if you know this alternative:

http://reader2.com

I tried to go in, registered, and added some books. I can look at

http://reader2.com/tag/semantic_web

and gives me some info, including rating. It does have an RSS feed:

http://reader2.com/rss/tag/semantic_web

that could be used for mashups if needed. And the output can also be
sorted by date.

Caveats:

- the server seems to be pretty slow
- I am not sure who is behind this site, ie, how stable the system will be
- the page is pretty much full of ads:-( but it is fully free, no limits
on the books that one can use...
- a *major* caveat: it does not seem to integrate the tags from
different people (that may make the whole thing unusable for us):
because I added Tim's book to the list and somebody else has done it,
too, in the book is listed twice, instead of once with the rates somehow
averaged:

http://reader2.com/tag/semantic_web

Ivan