Re: ACTION: paulmiller to look at librarything

Hi Paul,

I began to play with this. I created a user 'ivan_herman' and added four
books to test with. But, somehow, it still smells quite 'beta' to me,
althought it might be a good service indeed.

For example, I tried to use your [2] click below. All I got is what
seems to be a SQL dump rather than a list of real books. Also, I do not
see my user id appearing among the ones who use this tag (although that
is what I tried to use). I also tried

http://www.librarything.com/tag/semantic%20web

which seems to be the same...

[3] crashes:-(

It is therefore difficult to see how useful this is (but I will try
again, after all, beta is beta!).

Another question: is it possible to search the books by the years? I saw
the authors but, in our case, a bunch of books are edited by people,
which is hardly relevant; if I want to find, say, ISWC2003, I would
prefer to go for the year...

Also: it would be good if the data could somehow be mashed up with other
data, like the RDF data provided by Chris Bizer (see the wiki page on
books). Is there an RSS feed for a page like [1]? That could be a start

I am happy to continue playing with this for a while, though

Ivan