Re: Contd: SWEO Messaging

On 05/12/06, Paul Walsh, Segala <paulwalsh@segala.com> wrote:

> We already have ESW Wiki [1] as a great repository :-) My only little
> gripe is the lack of RSS feeds re. content.

I have http://esw.w3.org/topic/RecentChanges in a set of firefox tabs
I open regularly, allows me to track fairly well.

> [PW] This isn't user friendly enough. Compare it to www.microformats.org -

Microformats.org is very good...

> it leads to a wiki where appropriate but we need a user friendly/accessible
> UI. A site based on Wordpress would be easy and would also allow end users
> to comment/contribute on a blog - this could include plugins to enable
> tracking, trackbacks, rss, bookmarking... Thoughts? It's very Web 2.0 ;)

Dogfood!

> If we do want to go down other routes I can easily make an instance of
> OpenLink Data Spaces (ODS) [2] available to SWEO. This will give us the
> following:

Sounds mighty interesting, and the demo looks great. But for outreach
purposes I'd be inclined to start with well-known tools and make them
more useful through RDF kit.

I'm not sure what there is for Wordpress, but it should be possible to
cobble something together from existing tools that offered both blog &
wiki style presentation/editing, together with facetted browsing (e.g.
Longwell) and SPARQL endpoint... Maybe Wordpress + Semantic Mediawiki
with additional integration through ODS?

Cheers,
Danny.

--

http://dannyayers.com